'Find My Mom' Cards
Teach matching and observational skills with these mother and baby animal picture cards.
A set of 48 picture cards that are instantly downloadable and printable. Simply print, cut and match the baby animals with their mothers! Suitable for ages 2 and up.
What's included in this pack?
This pack includes 48 mother and baby animal picture cards.
What ages are these cards suitable for?
These cards are suitable for ages 2 and up.
Preparing the cards:
- Print these cards onto paper or cardstock/poster board so they will be durable.
- Optional: laminate them to make them extra sturdy.
- Cut out the individual cards.
- Shuffle and match the baby animals with their mothers, or play a memory game with the cards.
How to play a memory game with these cards:
- Choose how many pairs of mothers and babies you would like to play with - young preschoolers can start with 3 or 4 pairs, older children can go up to 24 pairs.
- Lay them all face down and shuffle them.
- Players take turns turning over two cards at a time.
- If they match a mother animal with its baby, the player keeps the cards.
- If they don't match, the player must turn them over again.
- In the end, the player with the most pairs of cards wins the game.
- The object of the game is for players to memorize the positions of the various cards as they are turned over.
- Playing with toddlers? Lay all the cards face up and shuffled, and let toddlers find the mother and baby pairs.
Areas of development:
- Learn about animals
- Language and vocabulary
- Attention span
- Thinking skills
- Cognitive development
- Observational skills